Wisdom teeth, which are also called third molars, are often the last teeth to come in. They are located at the back of your top and bottom jaws. Wisdom teeth usually arrive in your late adolescence or early adulthood. As they are the very last teeth to emerge, there is sometimes insufficient space for them to do so without being obstructed in any manner. As a result, they may get misaligned or remain partially or completely caught behind your gum line. Wisdom teeth that are positioned like this are referred to as “impacted.”
Having a wisdom tooth extracted isn’t necessary for everyone. Ignoring impacted wisdom teeth, on the other hand, can frequently be problematic. In this article, we’ll talk about the signs that indicate you may need an emergency wisdom tooth removal.
In certain cases, individuals may not even notice any issues related to their impacted wisdom teeth. However, if you experience any of the following symptoms and suspect that your wisdom teeth are to blame, it is advised to seek the services of a tooth extraction clinic, Mississauga.
If a wisdom tooth only partially erupts, food and bacteria might become trapped behind the gum flap. This can irritate your gums and cause them to become red, painful, and inflamed. When an area is painful to the touch, it’s hard to clean it properly, and irritation typically leads to infection. In this scenario, dentists often advise you to get checked out as soon as possible to avoid this.
Any pain that you feel in your mouth should not be ignored, especially if it is tooth-related. If you feel sensitivity and pain at the back of your mouth when brushing your teeth, eating, or simply doing nothing, this could be a sign that you may need an emergency wisdom tooth removal right away. What starts as minor discomfort can quickly escalate to severe pain. So, if you experience sensitivity, pain, or a throbbing sensation, make an appointment with your dentist soon.
If your wisdom teeth emerge at an angle, they may start to cause problems with your bite. When left untreated, this can cause jaw pain and stiffness. You may also have difficulties opening your mouth or moving your jaw. If left untreated, the effects of wisdom teeth on your jaw might lead to major TMJ difficulties. Pain or stiffness in the jaw is an indication that you should visit the wisdom tooth extraction clinic, Mississauga as soon as possible.
It is important to feel at ease and be able to talk freely with your dentist or oral surgeon throughout the removal of your wisdom teeth. Throughout the entire procedure, you should never have the impression that you are being rushed or misunderstood in any way. The removal of those bothersome teeth requires more than just one surgical treatment. If you or a loved one have scheduled an initial consultation because you suspect that you have an impacted tooth, the following is what you may expect during the visit.
- First, you’ll make an appointment with a tooth extraction clinic, Mississauga to see if you need an emergency wisdom tooth removal. This allows us to focus and better plan for the specific treatment you require.
- X-rays will be taken during the evaluation to help the doctor decide which treatments will work best for you. The team of professionals will assist you with planning everything from the treatment to your insurance to ensure you have someone available to transport you home if you require an IV sedation.
- If necessary, the emergency dentist may conduct the procedure on the same day as your evaluation.
- Following a successful emergency wisdom tooth removal, they will ensure that you have the necessary medication to relieve any soreness or pain, as well as enough gauze to help with bleeding. They’ll give you an ice pack to minimize swelling and prepare an aftercare plan.
- After you’ve recovered for a bit following surgery and the dentist is satisfied that there are no unexpected complications, you’ll be released to go home to rest, relax, and heal.
You might expect a slight stiffness in your mouth for 3-4 days after an emergency wisdom tooth removal treatment, with less soreness each day. Take it easy in those few days as much as you can throughout this period. Placing something under your head while lying down can help stop the bleeding. Foods that feel relaxing to consume, such as mashed potatoes or ice cream, should be avoided until you’ve healed. To prevent a dry socket or infection, you should avoid drinking through a straw. Taking care of your mouth is very important while you’re healing, and you should call your dentist if your pain gets worse or you feel like something is wrong.
It is never easy to be in an emergency scenario. You may experience fear, worry, pain, or shock all at the same time. However, if you have a trustworthy service provider, you can still feel comfortable. Afflux Dentistry can assist you. Our friendly dentists at this tooth extraction clinic Mississauga have a lot of expertise in dealing with these frequently difficult molars. With us, you’re in good hands. By removing wisdom teeth, we have eased many patients’ suffering and maintained their oral health. Have you seen any of the warning indications that you may require an emergency wisdom tooth removal? Make an appointment with us today!